Passport Services for Bangladesh Citizens
Please click below to obtain information on our Passport services:
Procedure for Renewal/Issuance of Passports (for Bangladesh Nationals working in the Oman)
Bangladesh Embassy remains open Sunday t0 Thursday. Office hours are 8.30 am to 4.30 pm. Counters for receiving passport renewal/issuance/attestation/visa application remain open up to 12.30 pm.
Passport holders are advised to present their passports with a duly filled and signed application at the counter of Bangladesh Embassy for the consular service. Bangladesh Embassy in Oman has not appointed any agent through which passports can be renewed/issued
Application Through Company Representatives:
A company may send passports of their Bangladeshi workers through a designated employee of the company as representative. The representative must produce a letter of authority from the company in their letter head containing the following:
- Name and ID card number of the representative
- Passport size photograph of the representative duly attested by an authorized official of the company.
- List of passports sent including name of passport holder and passport number.
- Clearly specify the mode of services required i, e, urgent or ordinary.
Requirements for the lost passport are the following:
- Copy of the old passport/ copy of the ID card
- Police Report/Certificate from Immigration to issue a new passport in lieu of lost one in original.
- 5 copies of passport size (40 X 50 mm) photographs.
- A prescribed ‘form for new passport’ to be filled up and submitted.
Bangladeshi passport holders are encouraged to replace their existing hand-written passports with Machine Readable Passport (MRP) keeping in mind that hand-written passports will be gradually phased out and will not be acceptable to many countries in the world from the second-half of 2015.
An MRP contains 48 pages and shall remain valid for 5 (five) years.
To obtain an MRP, applicants must possess a Bangladesh National ID card or 17 digits Birth Registration Certificate. Those who are not in possession of 17 digits Birth Registration Certificate may procure it by sending a copy of their valid Bangladesh passport to their respective City Corporation, Municipality, Union Parishad or by applying online at http://bris.lgd.gov.bd/pub. Alternatively, they can apply to the Embassy for Interim Birth Registration Certificate, even at the time of submitting MRP application. Applicants need to bring two photographs and copies of pages 1 through 7 of applicant’s existing Bangladesh Passport for Interim Birth Registration Certificate separately.
Consular Activities Photos: